Member Benefits - REALTOR®
Photo credits: Anson Chan & Maryann Bologna
Listed below are benefits you receive with your SAMCAR REALTOR® Membership:
- The term "REALTOR®" is a registered collective membership mark which identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® & who subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.
- The REALTOR® trademark pride in your identification as a REALTOR® through the use of the protected and registered membership marks...symbols that tell the public that you adhere to a strict code of ethics and its standards of professionalism, integrity and competence.
- Government Affairs... a collective voice in government at the local, state and national level looking out for your interests. Political action supporting property rights, affordable housing and home ownership.
REALTORS® are well represented in San Mateo County, Sacramento, and Washington, D.C. by local, state and national lobbyists who are fighting to protect your interests.
Locally, SAMCAR's Government Affairs Director attends city, county and community meetings to make sure REALTOR® concerns are represented. The Association also notifies members about issues and hearings affecting you so you can have the opportunity to voice your opinion directly.
- C.A.R. Legal Hotline to assist you in answering any of your legal questions.
- Standard Forms providing dependable real estate transaction tools which are user friendly and comprehensive.
- Public Relations keeping you and the community informed on real estate and community issues. Our newsletter goes to your office each Friday to keep you up-to-date on all the latest information and activities.
- Community Service and involvement through the San Mateo County REALTOR® Foundation, which provides funding for several non-profit organizations throughout the county.
- Member Service Center when you need forms, signs, books, continuing education classes, or electronic entry key and key box support. Located at the SAMCAR office. For your convenience, Member Depots are also available where you can pick-up ordered forms, books, and Association information.
- Dispute Resolution Mediation and Arbitration hearings to settle business disputes involving members. We also oversee disciplinary hearings regarding possible violations of the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics and/or SAMCAR Bylaws.
- Education DRE license renewal information plus outstanding educational opportunities for continuing education, designation courses and more to help you stay in touch with developments in the industry and widen your scope of knowledge.
- Multiple Listing Services SAMCAR serves as a member service center for MLSListings, inc.. Multiple listing services include all the necessary forms and tour sheets.
- Group Insurance programs for medical, dental, life, disability, errors & omissions and legal expense reimbursement.
- Delivery Service available for members to receive forms, supplies, etc. from SAMCAR's member store.
- Special Discounts on all forms, products, education programs and Amusement Park discount cards.
- Membership Directory FREE to SAMCAR members includes names, office and addresses for all our SAMCAR members.
- New Member Orientation a half-day session informing new members of the advantages of being a REALTOR, and explaining the benefits and obligations of their membership in SAMCAR, CAR and NAR.
- Marketing Meetings tour sheets, business contacts, networking and advertising opportunities at weekly and monthly Marketing Meetings in Redwood City, San Mateo, San Bruno, Pacifica, and Half Moon Bay.
Web Page Accessed: http://www.samcar.org//index.cfm/benefits_realtor.htm