About • Trustees • Bylaws • Charities • Grant Application • Events •
San Mateo County Association of REALTORS® Foundation
The SAMCAR Foundation was created to benefit housing-related causes throughout San Mateo County. The SAMCAR Foundation is a separate 501(c)3 Public Benefit Corporation, that operates under a separate set of By-laws. The SAMCAR Foundation’s Board of Trustees is selected from among the SAMCAR Directors. The SAMCAR Foundation is funded through the generous contributions of its REALTOR® and Affiliate members, and friends.
Since its inception, the SAMCAR Foundation has focused its charitable efforts towards benefiting organizations and programs that strive to make San Mateo County a more livable, affordable and thriving community. Through its work, the SAMCAR Foundation has made significant financial contributions enhancing quality of life throughout San Mateo County. The SAMCAR Foundation also supports and encourages grassroots member-organized efforts that enhance the quality of life in our neighborhoods.
Our REALTOR® members and Affiliates are proud to contribute to this important and worthy endeavor.
Assisting individuals within our community in enhancing their quality of life through financial programs, education, and housing-related initiatives and activities.
Striving to provide a roof over every head in San Mateo County.
Find the SAMCAR Foundation on Facebook
SAMCAR Foundation Trustees
Suzan Getchell-Wallace, Chair
(650) 359-4904 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Blanton, Executive Director
(650) 696-8221 | Steve@samcar.org
Marianne Zanone Rush
San Mateo County Association of REALTORS® Foundation Bylaws (PDF)
SAMCAR Foundation Supported Organizations
Every year, local REALTORS® go beyond the call of duty to improve the quality of people's lives in San Mateo County. Through the San Mateo County Association of REALTORS® Foundation and its fundraisers, the members of the San Mateo County Association of REALTORS® (SAMCAR) contributed significantly to the following causes:
C.O.R.A. (Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse)
Family Service Agency of San Mateo County
Housing Endowment & Regional Trust (HEART)
Housing Leadership Council
Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco
Rebuilding Together Peninsula
Safe Harbor Shelter
Members have donated personal gifts through the Foundation to the following causes:
American Cancer Society
Baby Bradley Quinn Fund
Belmont-Redwood Shores Public School Foundation
California Community Foundation
CAR Disaster Relief Fund
Catholic Worker House
Coastside Opportunity Center
St. Anthony's Padua Dining Room
San Carlos Education Foundation
Second Harvest Food Bank
Society of St. Vincent de Paul
SAMCAR Foundation Grant Application
Non-profit 501(c) 3 organizations operating within the areas served by the San Mateo County Association of REALTORS® and within the San Mateo County jurisdiction are eligible for grant consideration provided they meet the evaluation criteria below.
Grant applicants will be evaluated on the following:
- The community need for the expenditure, as well as the number of people who will be served.
- The impact on the recipient organization.
- The location of the community served.
- The financial soundness and efficiency of the organization.
- Accuracy and completeness of the application.
- The structure of volunteer organization and level of volunteer support.
- Appropriate use of SAMCAR Foundation previous grants. (If applicable).
SAMCAR Foundation Grant Application (170Kb)
The application form must be completed and sent with the following:
- A list of the applicant organization’s Board of Directors and Executive Staff.
- The names of three people or agencies that may be contacted as references.
- Annual budget with year-to-date financial statements.
- A copy of the IRS tax-exempt determination letter.
- A statement pertaining to your/applicant relationship with the requesting organization (to detail any possible conflict of interest)
The SAMCAR Foundation Application & Recommendation Committee reviews grant applications on a quarterly basis, and makes funding recommendations to the Foundation Trustees.
Application deadlines are on an on-going quarterly basis. Applications must be received by February 15th, May 15th, August 15th, and November 15th
to be considered during that quarter.